9:30 am – 5:30 pm (Entrance gate closes 30 minutes before the closing time)
Mondays (on the following day if it falls on a national holiday or a compensatory holiday), year-end holidays (Dec. 29 – January 1) The museum may close on a temporary basis besides the dates above.
Request for cooperation of customers visiting the museum.
* Please disinfect your fingers and wearing a mask when entering the building.
* Please refrain from visiting if you are coming from afar or if you have a fever or are in poor physical condition.
* For details, please check here.
- Adults: 400 yen (Group fee: 320 yen)
- High school, university, and vocational school students and seniors (age 65 and above): 300 yen (Group Fee: 240 yen/person)
Admission is free for:
- Pre-schoolers, elementary school and middle school students
- Students and teachers at high schools in Sumida Ward visiting as a part of their educational program (please contact us beforehand. Admission fees apply to students and teachers at high school outside of Sumida Ward.)
- Those with physical disability certificate, mental disability certificate (Ai no techo), rehabilitation certificate, health and welfare certificate for persons with mental disorders, or atomic-bomb victims certificate and their attendants (up to one attendant per person with the above certificate. Please present the handbook at the entrance.)
- In the case that guardians of elementally and middle school students and nursery school children visit as a means of education or nursing (please contact us beforehand.)
- 5-minute walk from Toei Oedo Line Ryogoku Station A3 exit.
- 9-minute walk from JR Sobu Line Ryogoku Station East exit.
- 5-minute by Sumida Loop Bus from the JR Sobu Line Kinshicho Station North exit. Get off at the “The Sumida Hokusai Museum (Tsugaruke kamiyasiki ato) Stop”.