9:30 am – 5:30 pm (Entrance gate closes 30 minutes before the closing time)
Mondays (on the following day if it falls on a national holiday or a compensatory holiday), year-end holidays (Dec. 29 – January 1) The museum may close on a temporary basis besides the dates above.
- 1. Adults: 400 yen (Group fee: 320 yen)
- 2. High school, university, and vocational school students and seniors (age 65 and above): 300 yen (Group Fee: 240 yen/person)
*Students must present their student ID. Seniors must present a document that proves their age (e.g.: health insurance card or driver’s license). Please buy admission tickets at the ticket booth on the ground floor.
Admission is free for:
- Pre-schoolers, elementary school and middle school students
- Students and teachers at high schools in Sumida Ward visiting as a part of their educational program (please contact us beforehand. Admission fees apply to students and teachers at high school outside of Sumida Ward.)
- Those with physical disability certificate, mental disability certificate (Ai no techo), rehabilitation certificate, health and welfare certificate for persons with mental disorders, or atomic-bomb victims certificate and their attendants (up to one attendant per person with the above certificate. Please present the handbook at the entrance.)
- In the case that guardians of elementally and middle school students and nursery school children visit as a means of education or nursing (please contact us beforehand.)
The admission fee varies by exhibition. Please see the webpage of each exhibition for details.
- 5-minute walk from Toei Oedo Line Ryogoku Station A3 exit
- 9-minute walk from JR Sobu Line Ryogoku Station East exit
- Get off at the “Sumida Hokusai Museum (Thugaruke kamiyasiki ato) Stop” of Sumida ward Circular Bus
*Until November 21, 2016, get off at the “Midorimachi park (Thugaruke kamiyasiki ato) Stop”
〒130-0014 2-7-2 Kamezawa, Sumida-ku, Tokyo